Our Fall 2018 Report1
2018 is shaping up to be another banner year of biblical soul care for hope and healing at Baylight Counseling, which is why we are seeking your continued prayer and financial support!
As the Founder and Executive Director at Baylight, I know the value of ministry partners for the small nonprofit. None can survive, literally or legally, without generous donors coming alongside in belief and trust for the organizations mission.
At Baylight, our mission is to serve the local church and community as a trusted resource for faithful, Christ-honoring, and Gospel-centered biblical soul care. As many of you already know, we serve by providing affodable, clinically informed bibclial counseling to couples, families, and individuals who struggle with a variety of life dominating circumstances. Not only are our fees lower than Tampa Bay market averages for professional care ($65.00/per), but we have never turned anyone away due to a lack of financial resources.
Our ministry partners make our mission possible.
In 2018, we have seen God move and bless in a myriad of ways. Here are some key happenings so far this year that I'd like to share with you:
1. By the end of this month, September 2018, we will eclipse all of 2017's actual counseling sessions provided (534). With three months left to go in the calendar year, we feel blessed to have seen this type of growth.
2. In 2017, Baylight provided approximately $4,500.00 in counseling services to the community through reduced-fee and pro bono ministry. We expect that number to rise by the end of 2018. We're thankful for this calling and priveledge.
3. In the spring, we opened our second Baylight office in west Pinellas, allowing us to serve our clients better, and expand our availability to the community.
4. Our Board of Directors expanded to six this year, with the addition of Pastor Steve Brunson, of Gulfcoast Community Church. Steve has a heart for counseling ministry in the local church.
5. Our Executive Director continues to make progress toward completion of his Final Project in the Doctor of Ministry program at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. His dissertation title is "A Biblical-Sacramental and Clinically Informed Approach to Attachment for Christian Adoptive Parents." Completion is anticipated in May 2019.
6. Christy Waulk, Baylight's Treasurer and Counselor to Women began her work at Southeastern in the Doctor of Education program. Her dissertation is anticipated to focus upon the role of the Holy Spirit in biblical counseling.
7. A ten-week course for men struggling with sexual sin and trauma was completed in partnership with Calvary Church, New Life Solutions, and other local churches.
These are just a few of our successes in 2018, exclusive of the many people who found encouragement in our offices this year with the difficulties of life. We expect 2019 to be no different!
As we enter the fall months and final quarter of our ministry year, we at Baylight are thankful for the many of you who have already been praying for us and supporting this ministry through charitable giving. Your efforts have been felt in many ways, and the end result is biblical soul care for hurting marriages and struggling hearts.
If you have not supported us with a charitable gift in 2018, would you prayerfully consider doing so, today? We're praying for a successful close to our financial outlook in 2018, joined with a strong start to our 2019. With that in mind, we began praying on September 11, 2018 for a total amount raised of $10,000.00. Already, that figure has been lowered to $9,600.00. Perhaps the Spirit would lead you to join in this needed effort today by becoming a ministry partner at Baylight Counseling.
Your funds will be used to help offset the costs of counseling at Baylight, to include the sponsoring of reduced fee and pro bono counselees. Further, we are praying that funds to commission Joshua Waulk's dissertation work and research on attachment in adoptive parenting will help bring this poject to completion.
We are also in the early stages of developing our equipping and educational arm, which we are calling the Center for Biblical Care. This effort will provide specialized discipleship and care training to local church bodies. Funds are needed to fascilitate the development of curriculum and associated training materials.
As you can see, there's quite a bit going on at Baylight Counseling, which celebrated its fifth year of operations in May 2018. If you believe in our mission, then click on the following link, and partner with us today. Together, we will bring the hope of the Gospel to the hurting of our community.
As always, if you have any questions for us, feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you!
Called to Care and Counsel,
More in Baylight Blog
June 5, 2019Baylight Comes to New Port Richey
April 24, 2019Enneagram: A Stairway of Sand
March 11, 2019Interacting with Our Dynamic Heart in Counseling (Part 1)